Tuesday, October 9, 2007

I'm Back - Sort of

It's been quite a while since I last posted for reasons that lean toward my natural inclination of the whiny so we'll bypass them. I wish I had more to report from a writing standpoint, but I haven't even thought of my WIP in the past month except for the occasional pang of guilt for not having written so much as a period in all this time. I think my progress meter has plans of suing me for neglect and abandonment. I'm heartily ashamed. I'm just not ready to write yet. Even in spite of all my pep talks and self recriminations, I just can't do it. Defeatist attitude, I know, but that's where I am at the moment. *sigh* I don't even have a witty one-liner to end this post with (damn it, but I did manage to end it with a preposition).

2 comments:

Tessa Dare said...

AAA - I have YEARS' worth of journals (the stone age blog equivalent, lol) filled with exactly this kind of entry. I wasn't ready, I guess, but I never really gave up the dream. And then one year, it just all clicked. But key to that was being willing to take risks and put my writing out there for others to read and let them share the burden of pushing me forward (hint, hint).

Don't give up. It'll happen.

Another Aspiring Author said...

Thanks for the encouraging words Tessa. It's nice to know even an *ahem* soon-to-be published author such as yourself (yahoo again!) has felt the same way. It does give me a glimmer of hope. I know I just need to jump in and put myself out there with my writing, maybe find a critique partner or group....I know this in my head...it's the doing that's holding me back.