Monday, March 3, 2008

The Dog Ate My Homework?

I'll have to admit straight out I didn't write this weekend. I have no excuse since I doubt you'll buy the one above. But what's so strange is I'm not beating myself up about it like usual. I think it's because I finally have that feeling of hope settled firmly inside that tells me I can write. The desire is back after all this time. The want to write was always there but not the burning desire that gives me those ever elusive butterflies. Not that I'm allowing this to give me permission to loll about like a slug (do slugs loll?). I know discipline is a necessity for a writer who wants to succeed, be it in being published or at least in finishing a book. Right now, my goal is to finish my book.....that and to eat some chocolate. I need at least one goal I can finish before the day is through.

1 comment:

Andrea Eames said...

I'm glad it's going so well :)