Tuesday, April 3, 2007

You Mean I Have to Think of a Title Too?

As I'm writing this and editing the rest of my blog set-up, I realize I may have to change my name. For some reason, Whiny Aspiring Author seems much more appropriate. Of course, I don't mean to be this way, but I imagine none of us do. How many times have we told ourselves or our friends "I'd finish my book if I only had more time" or "Life is just too crazy right now"? While I agree that a certain frame of mind is needed to write, or at least to write well, this isn't always possible. If we wait for the ideal situation in which to finish our wonderful, undiscovered novel for the ages, get ready to do a hell of a lot more internet surfing. And while I do enjoy most of my procrastination methods, there is only so much Brickshooter Egypt a person can play. I guess this is the main reason I decided to start blogging. I don't truly imagine a lot of people will even read this, but maybe it can serve as a kind of kick in the ass I need to get myself in gear. And this isn't really just another method of procrastinating.....I mean technically I'm still writing. That's my story for now, and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: